Friday, September 04, 2009

i want to be in the wilderness

It is 3pm and I am at home because I had a short day at work, unexpectedly. If I was not so tired, and didn;t work six or seven days a week, I would be sorting through my outdoor gear and getting stuff together to go camping, just because I can. The problem is that since i work six of seven days a week, that means that I work tomorrow, and I cannot go camping...(just as a side note/quick thought, technically I could go camping at somewhere not too far a away and still make it to work at REI tomorrow on time... except that I am going to dinner tonight with someone).

I do not get out nearly as much as i want to because
1. I am busy and work 6 to 7 days a week
2. I don' think that anyone can come with me on a spur of the moment trip, and i am getting tired of solo trips with my dog.
3. I am too busy to actually plan a trip, and as far as I know, no one else has planned one far enough in advance that would allow me enough time to request off of work, or find someone to cover my shift.
4. I also get paid to lead music at a church several times a month on sunday mornings.

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE (love, love, love, love, love, love, love times infinity) working at REI. Not to mention that I have health insurance because I work at REI part-time (one of the top 100 companies to work for!). It is just that for all the gear that I have, and as much as I love going out, I only have four bag nights logged, only two of which are consecutive, and three hours in or on the water, total.

No comments: