Sunday, April 10, 2011

time management crackdown

I leave for Alaska on April 30th. That is three weeks from yesterday. That means that tomorrow starts the complete crackdown on time management.

I have a ton of stuff to get done before I leave: finish clearing out of my apartment, pack for Alaska, finish working on my roomate's new house to make it semi-livable for him, finish up another job installing siding on a 3rd floor dormer, Cub Scout obligations, a bunch of other things, and work full time.

Basically, I have time for working my butt off and sleep.

And I am not sure I have the time to sleep.

You might say "Well, you are going to be working long hours as a commercial fisherman in Alaska, so what's the big deal?"

That would be a correct statement and an excellent question, except that 1) I am not going to have to drive across town to bounce from job to job (wasting valuable time and energy), 2) I am going to have scheduled, hearty meals to eat, and 3) I get several nap times throughout the day as a commercial fisherman (yes, that is true).

So any and all prayers in the coming weeks for energy, focus, and fortitude would be well appreciated as I desperately try to get stuff done before I head "North to the Future" in less than three weeks. Prayers for sanity, rest, and recreation would be appreciated as well.

Yikes!

No comments: