Monday, February 07, 2011

When I get ambitious, someone is in trouble... and it's ususally me

Being laid off sucks. I have too much free time. I do next to nothing with this free time, because I am waiting to be called back to work. I have, however been perusing the internet and reading all sorts of blogs, articles, and the like....

It occurred to me today that I should try to combine some of my ideas, interests, and passions into a money making endeavour. Now, this type of thought has crossed my mind before, and I've even come up with this exact same idea, but it swept over me like a wave this evening.

Some evident things:

1) I work as a carpenter
2) I like rock climbing
3) I like to be creative and working with customers to create unique designs and solutions.


BOOM!

How about starting a company that specializes in designing and building home climbing gyms? It serves a growing niche market, I wouldn't always have to build, as there are a lot of DIYers out there, but I could serve as a consultant as well....

After a Google search, it doesn't seem that there are any other companies in the area offering this kind of service.

Sweet.... now does anybody who took business classes in college want to help me write a business plan up so I can try to get some small business grants?

No comments: