Monday, August 24, 2009

Sleep besets these weary eyes (and shackles them in a prison)

This morning, I heard my alarm clock going off. I shut it off, got out of bed, and fed my dog. I was feeling a bit tired and dizzy, so I went to lay down again for a few minutes. As I laid down and picked up my cellphone to reset my alarm, I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew, the sun was shining bright outside my window and I had 8 missed calls from work. I completely missed eating any breakfast or lunch--it was now the afternoon.

WTF?! I mean, I've done this before intentionally, where i have just slept all day to try to catch up on some sleep, but it has never occurred accidentally, on a workday. I didn't go to bed excessively late or anything of that sort.

Calling my boss, I was a bit nervous. I've only had this job for 2 months. He was apparently in at least a semi-good mood. I told him what happened, and he said "Well, at least you will be well rested for tomorrow. See you in the morning."

Phew! That's a relief.

Now, since I decided to go to the movies last night instead of cleaning and straightening, and since I missed a day of work due to unconsciousness, maybe I should spend some time straightening and cleaning and consolidating all of my stuff this afternoon....

No comments: